The objective of this webinar is to examine the basics for troubleshooting gearbox problems. The presentation will define the main problem areas for gearing and gearboxes including vibration; heat generation; noise alignment; wear on gearing, bearings seals and gearbox casing; lubrication; and then failures. Each set of problems will have causes and possible solutions provided.
Following this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the basics of the predictive maintenance techniques available
- Identify possible gearbox problems and failures
- Provide solutions that will prevent the problems and failures from re-occurring
- Identify various failure mechanisms and modes for gearing
- Identify the failure mechanisms and modes for bearings, seals and couplings
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Maintenance millwrights and industrial mechanics
- Lubricant vendor technical advisers
- Gearing manufacturers' service engineers
- Gearing manufacturers' design engineers
- Mechanical maintenance engineers
- Reliability engineers
- Bearing and seal manufacturers technical support engineers
- Repair shop personnel
You will have 30 days to view this webinar.
Richard Schrama, PE
Owner, Tribological Services
Rick is a Licensed Professional Mechanical Engineer in the Province of Ontario. He is the owner of Tribological Services. He worked as a mechanical engineering staff specialist in maintenance at ArcelorMittal Dofasco for over 32 years until his retirement in 2012.
Rich has been involved with the Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers since the mid 1980s, both on the local section side in Hamilton Ontario and nationally. Locally, he was chairman and for several years, served as the education day chairman. Nationally, Rick chaired the Grease and Steel Committees for several years, then went onto the Certified Lubrication Specialist (CLS) Exam Committee and went through the executive. He is one of the first group to achieve his CLS Certification with the number 13 certificate.
Rick has also been part of the Association of Iron and Steel Technology’s Lubrication and Hydraulics Division for many years. Rick has given many presentations and taught at seminars on bearings, gearing, lubrication and sealing in his 32 years in the industry.