Detailed Gear Design Online Video Course
Detailed Gear Design provides students with an overview of factors that go into good gear design from life cycle, load, torque, tooth optimization, and evaluating consequences then walks students through carefully crafted "problems" that will demonstrate the practical application of the optimization methods presented in this seminar. Taught by gear expert, Ray Drago, P.E., of Drive Systems Technology, Inc. Students can get the full experience of the course through 19 one-hour segments and supporting training documents.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Improve your gear designs
- Better understand gear rating theory and analysis methods
- Investigate differences in stress states among various surface durability failure modes
- Discuss time dependent and time independent failure modes related to tooth design
- Use computer generated graphics to examine mesh action and tooth interaction
- Gain new insight into the concepts presented through illustrations and demonstrations
Through generous support from the AGMA Foundation, we have recorded the popular Detailed Gear Design live course for wider availability.
Raymond Drago, P.E.
Chief Engineer - Gear Technologist, Drive Systems Technology
Raymond J. Drago is Chief Engineer of Drive Systems Technology, Inc. (DST), a mechanical power transmission consulting organization that he founded in 1976. Prior to this, Mr. Drago worked for the Boeing Company – Helicopters Division until his retirement after 37 years of service. Currently Mr. Drago is involved in the analysis, design, manufacture, assembly, and testing of many gear systems. In his role with DST, Mr. Drago is active in all areas of mechanical power transmission, including the design and analysis of drive systems in a very diverse field of application from heart pumps to very large mining & mill gears. He has also prepared and delivered more than 150 seminars dealing with various aspects of gear design and analysis.