This weibnar is a two part series.
The webinar is an introduction to the methodology of analytical gear inspection and the evaluation and interpretation of the resulting data. The application of this information to identify and correct manufacturing errors will begin to be explored.
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Identify major gear characteristics measured and methods used
- Evaluate pitch, profile and helix
- Use AGMA analysis methods
- Compare/contrast 2008-A88 with the current standard 2015
Picking up from Analytical Gear Chart Interpretation: Reading Between the Lines (Part One), this webinar reviews chart interpretation and applies inspection data to understand the causes and cures of manufacturing errors. Many chart examples are used to understand cause and effect.
Upon completion, you will have gained knowledge in:
- Understanding errors from various gear manufacturing processes
- Understanding the relationship between inspection charts and manufacturing kinematics
- Using inspection chart information to determine the root causes of errors
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- People relatively new to gear manufacturing/inspection
- Quality control people as well as manufacturing people will benefit from better understanding how gears are measured and evaluated
- Others from quoting, processing and sales also can gain knowledge of inspection reports beyond the "wiggly lines"
You will have 30 days to view this webinar.
Vice President, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries America, Inc. Machine Tools Division
Dwight has a wide range of experience in gear manufacturing, including workholding, metrology, analysis, and project management. He has been developing and presenting basic gear training sessions globally since 1989. Smith also serves as chairman of the AGMA Nomenclature Committee and an instructor for the AGMA Basic Training for Gear Manufacturing Course held at Daley College, Chicago, IL.