TITLE: Conditions for Cutting Tools: Determining Hobbing Feeds and Speeds for Mid-Range Module Gears
PRICE: AGMA Members: Free
DATE: June 15, 2011, 1:00-2:30 pm Eastern
SPEAKER: Michael G. Tennutti, Gleason Cutting Tools, Inc.
Mike Tennutti is Senior Project Manager at Gleason Cutting Tools. He has almost 50 years experience in the cutting tools and gear industry, and is widely acknowledged as a leading industry expert in the design and application of cutting tools. Mike received his BS in mathematics from the University of Illinois. He holds two patents, one on hob construction and a second on an inserted-blade cutter assembly. Mike is also an instructor for Gleason and AGMA. He has been involved with AGMA technical committees for close to 20 years and is the recipient of an AGMA Technical Division Executive Committee Award.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Anyone involved in determining the cutting parameters for hobbing
- Beginning to intermediate level
PURPOSE AND DESCRIPTION:
This session will discuss the approach used to develop the cutting parameters for certain materials with specific hardness. It will include the starting feed, speed and hob shifting strategy.
Following the presentation attendees will be able to:
- Develop a strategy for determining the cutting conditions for hobbing
- Determine the cutting conditions for cutting common materials with a range of hardness
- Choose different grades of high speed steels for the application
June 15, 2011 1:00 PM Eastern
1 hour, 30 minutes